Physical Education and Sports
At Badshot Lea Village Infant School we believe that physical activity is one of the most important things people can do to maintain and improve physical and mental health together with general well-being. In addition, we believe taking part in physical activity is an important social activity that is great fun. We aim to provide a range of appropriate opportunities for our pupils to engage in physical activity that is both fun and challenging where skills are learnt and developed and then used in games and sport. Physical Education and Sports Premium FundingThe Physical Education and Sports Premium Funding is allocated to each primary school based on pupil numbers, and is received in stages. At Badshot Lea Village Infant School we have agreed to spend the Physical Education and Sports Premium in order to:
- ensure all pupils are offered high quality Physical Education and physical activity;
- ensure all pupils have access to high quality equipment and apparatus;
- provide appropriately challenging and accessible physical activities at playtimes;
- provide appropriately challenging and accessible physical activities for pupils in the Early Years Foundation Stage as part of continuous provision;
- further strengthen our sporting links within The Weyside Confederation of schools;
- provide opportunities for our pupils to represent our school at local sports events;
- provide additional opportunities for our Physical Education and Sport Curriculum Leader to monitor Physical Education and Sport during the school day and for extra-curricular physical activities;
- deliver Continued Professional Development in Physical Education and Sport for our staff;
- deliver the new Primary Curriculum for Physical Education;
- ensure our schemes of work for Physical Education and Sport are fit for purpose;
- audit and revise where necessary our provision for extra-curricular physical activity.
Please click on the report below to see how the School has used the PE and Sport Premium Funding for the benefit of the children during this current academic year.